Monday, May 2, 2016

I'm so ANGRY!!!!

Hey guys/girls. I just wanted to tell you my feelings today. Usually I don't do this, actually I NEVER do this, but I just had to today. The problem is simple. It's about NaNoWriMo. As you might know, my class 21st Century Writing does this thing called NaNoWriMo every year. It's when are class works together to write a class book. Each person writes a chapter and at the end of year we were going to publish it. Well, guess what. This year it's canceled. Oh you don't even know how mad, frustrated, and sad about this happening. I gave up writing my own book for this! I ignored homework just so I can write more for this. I put my life into this freaking book and now it's not getting published?! Last year the 21st Century Writers published Unspoken (their NaNoWriMo), so why can't we published ours?! I know it's not Mr. Myers fault. He wanted to get this book published as much as I do. He is great teacher, and he gave us enough time to finish this book. Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you why this book is cancelled. It's because of the other 21st Century Writers (not all of them). The majority of this class slacked off when it came to this NaNoWriMo. All they did was talk and mess around with the iPads and Chrome books. They could care less about this book. This makes me so angry! If they didn't want to contribute to the book, they could of just said so! Now the people who do want to get this book published can't because of the freaking students who slack. Another reason why I'm angry is because I didn't even like the topic of our book, but still contributed! The people who did vote for our book to be a supernatural mystery didn't even contribute! They didn't have the right to vote if they weren't going to participate! We could have been doing the superhero story that me and Mr. Myers wanted to do! I put so much effort into this book! I wish every slacker in our class wasn't in 21st Century Writing! I also feel bad for Mr. Myers. All he does is support are class and we reward him by being disrespectful. The class is a talking house and Mr. Myers can never speak. He's so nice and doesn't deserve students like us! He deserves respectful students who actually listen to him! I know that there are some kids in the class that are respectful, but still! Urggg!!! All I ever wanted to do was publish a book! This was my chance! This was ALL of our chances, but of course people had to ruin it! I hate this, I hate this, I hate this! I just want to have a book published, that's all! If your reading this and you're a slacker in our class, I mean everything I said! I just wish you guys would put some actual effort in our class! I know I'm not the perfect student, you should ask what my other teachers think about me, but at least I know how lucky we are to have such a amazing class! At least I TRY to work hard is this class! I tried to do the NaNoWriMo and Aspire 3(another project our class WAS working on). I know Mr. Myers said that Aspire 3 was short noticed and that it was ok if we didn't do it, but the truth is that it's NOT OKAY! We had enough time, about 3 months! I think we could of researched and make a 4 page slide show in 3 months! This was a time for us to shine, but only two groups in our class are participating! I didn't want to do it, but still tried! I want to thank everyone who tried. If your a student who is a slacker then you should be ashamed of yourself. You should be grateful that your school has a class that can bring your creativity to life. You can do anything you want that includes writing! We don't even get much homework either! We have so much freedom in this class but you abuse it. I hate you for doing that, I just hate you. I think I got most of my anger out now so I'm going to end this off. Bye.

4 comments:

  1. I think that yes, some people do abuse the freedom of the class, and I agree about how lucky we are to have a FABOOSH class like this. I think that we should, as a class just all of the people who want to continue writing the NaNoWriMo, keep writing it. I know that Kennedy and I still want to keep working on it, and both of us have a few pages and are close to finishing. We should all work as hard as we can, and prove to Mr. Myers that we are a dedicated class, and most of us aren't just in it for the iPads and Chrome books. Everyone in the class that still wants to contribute should still contribute, and hopefully there will be enough people that we can still publish, and if not, there's always next year. And, there's always the possibility of doing the superhero novel next year (which I think would be absolutely FABOOSH), and we can just leave the Supernatural Mystery to the coming generations of 21st Century Writers. I'm just going to keep doing what I do best. Write.
    -Madison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right. I'm happy that you and Kennedy are hard workers and appreciate our class as much as I do. This doesn't keep me from not being disappointed tho. There are some students, like you, who take this class seriously. But, the majority of the class doesn't. That's why Mr. Myers is always having trouble trying to talk to us and seems sad/disappointed. I feel the same as him. Maybe next year will be better, but maybe not. I already heard kids talking about joining the class just because of the Disneyland trip and us using the chrome books a lot. That's not a good reason to join the class. A good reason to join the class is simply because you love to write. This is a writing class, not a go on chrome books class. Also, yes I would love to finish the NaNoWriMo, but I feel like there truly isn't enough hope to do so. Like Mr. Myers said, only a few people sent their drafts to him which probably means only a few students want to participate. I really wish NaNoWriMo was like a project, so everyone would have to do it to pass the class.

      Delete
    2. Having it as a project is a good idea, and it would help other students take the class seriously, but I feel like it would also add more structure to the class, where it is a kind of 'choose your direction' class. Like, we should be able to choose between NaNoWriMo, Aspire, and your personal Genius Hour, because everyone in the class has different specialties, although we are all writers. Like, some people may just like creative writing, then they can do NaNoWriMo as their big project. Others might be more into ideas and changing the world, then Aspire. Some might want to do something by themselves, and they can do Genius Hour. One of those 3 can be the final project, and it will vary between students, but everyone would do all three, or at least start them, but focus solely on the one that they want to be the final project. That way, everything gets done, and the class has more of a structure, but it still keeps the 'choose your direction' theme.

      Delete
    3. That is a great idea. Are class does need a little bit more structure because lots of students take advantage of the class because of the freedom we get. If we did use your idea there would be structure and freedom, which is what we need. I understand that we can't do all project tho because it is a lot to handle. I think that just out of Aspire 3/NaNoWriMo/and Genius Festival, we should choose one and that will be are grade. Then, if we finish that project, we can move on to another one that we like. Not to much freedom, but enough to not make our class an "ordinary" follow this assignment class. Good call with the idea. You should contact Mr. Myers about it.

      Delete