Tuesday, April 19, 2016

My chapter for class NaNoWriMo

   Hey guys/girls. As you may now, I am in a class called 21st Century Writing and in this class we're are writing a class book. This book is called 27, and for this book each student writes a chapter. I've been working on my chapter for the book and I want to show it too, so here it is:

***CLASSIFIED REPORT***
21st Century Investigators

Investigator: Prince, Alexander Victor
Division: Supernatural Crimes
Identification Number: W-2874
Case: Soul Eater
Case File: 743329561

Dear ________,
Hello, my name is Victor Prince. As you may know, I was assigned to assist Officer Anthony Quill in his assignment to find Vlan Norman, a man who was thought to have died 30 years ago. But, it turns out that he was alive and was mysteriously spotted “sucking out the soul of a man” as described by a witness.

Sounds impossible, right? Well, that’s exactly what the NPD (Novana Police Department) thought when witness Thomas Noire exclaimed to them what happened.

Well, there was someone who believed him, or at least something. The 21st Century Investigations took the case of finding this “Vlad Norman”, and wouldn’t sleep till’ it was solved.

In this debriefing report, you will read about the journey of finding this “Soul Eater”, and how we took him down.



It all started on February 16 (two days after the shootings). Before this first assignment, I wasn’t even a full agent. I was just an intern for the 21st Century Investigations. That meant, when Director Myers called my name on the intercom, I was as surprised as deer about to get hit by a car.

Hello, this is Director Myers. Victor Prince, report to my office IMMEDIATELY. Repeat, Victor Prince report to my office IMMEDIATELY.

As soon as I heard my name on the intercom, I rushed to Director Myers office like a cheetah. Leaving the coffee I was getting for my boss, Officer Quill, on a random table.

You see, this was the DIRECTOR calling me. I was an intern, not even close to being an agent yet, and the DIRECTOR was calling ME. It was absolutely crazy. My heart was beating like a drum, and my head was all over the place. Why would the DIRECTOR be calling ME?

As I showed up at Director Myers’ office door I could hear people arguing loudly inside. I knocked on the door and it went silent.

I was surprised when I didn’t see Director Myers, but instead my boss, Officer Quill opening the door.

“Well don’t just stand there! Get your nut head inside!” commanded Quill as he grabbed my arm into the office.

“Wow” was the first thing I thought when I walked inside. The office was covered with papers scattered everywhere, desk and floor. The Director and Quill looked exhausted, like they’ve been working on a case for days.

“Sit down”, said Director Myers, and I did exactly what he said.

“Officer Quill, do you mind telling your intern why he is here?” asked the Director, which meant, “Tell your stupid intern why he’s here before I run out of patients!”

Quill nodded. “Two days ago witness Thomas Noire claimed to have seen a man killing another in an alleyway. He described what the killer did as “sucking out the essence of the other man”.

Of course, when he reported this to the NPD no one seemed to believe him”, Quill explained. “But, as we both know, this isn’t a case for the police.”

I nodded.

“Yes, and this brings into why you’re here”, The Director said. “Mr. Quill here wants you to assist him in his assignment to find this Soul Eater.”

My legs started to get numb. “MY BOSS WANTS ME, AN INTERN, TO HELP HIM ON A MISSION?!!”, I thought in my head, but it showed on the grin on my face.

“Of course this is only because Officer Quill’s partener is on vacation, and can’t work with him on this mission”, Director Myers quickly said right after.

That still didn’t change how I felt though. This was probably the first time an intern for 21st Century Investigations got to go on real assignment! (except for when interns go through initiation, or course)

“Yes, that is true, but this is great opportunity to learn what it’s like to be on the field. By the time we finish this assignment, you will be more experienced than any other interns in this association”, exclaimed Agent Quill. “That is the why me and Director Myers were arguing before you came inside, he didn’t think it was smart to let an inexperienced intern go on such an important assignment, but I told him that you were qualified for it.”

The thought of having my boss stick up for me made me feel very appreciated, but knowing that Director Myers didn’t have faith in me… well that me know I had to work extra hard on this assignment.

“I won’t prove you wrong, sir”, I replied, shaking.

“Let’s hope not”, Director Myers muttered under his breath, but I heard him.

I shook both of there hands and then began walking away.

“Oh, and Mr. Prince”, Agent Quill said as I was about to close the door. “Don’t forget to bring me my coffee”, he finished and then shut the door.

Two days had past since the conversation and I was starting to think that Agent Quill and Director Myers forgot about the assignment. I was wrong.

Victor Prince, please report to the flight deck. Repeat, Victor Prince please report to the flight deck”, blasted the intercom.

I was in the middle of combat training, so I had to excuse myself to my partner, John Cena. After that quickly ran/walked to the flight deck.

“You’re late”, Agent Quill said as I arrived at the flight deck.


So that's all of it. Thank you for taking your time to read this, and please give me as much feedback as you can. Thnx guys. Bye and peace. *p.s. I haven't read it yet so there might be spelling mistakes. Oh, and tomorrow my Flash review will be posting*

3 comments:

  1. The Soul Eater! Sounds Awesome Marc. I can't wait to hear more about it. As I was reading it, it felt like I was apart of the story. That is how I know it is a Good Book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Craig for you feed back. I appreciate it. Now I want to read your draft for 27.

      Delete
  2. The Soul Eater! Sounds Awesome Marc. I can't wait to hear more about it. As I was reading it, it felt like I was apart of the story. That is how I know it is a Good Book!

    ReplyDelete